This event is for charity and fun. Competition is great, but let’s keep it friendly and in the spirit of the charity for which it is intended and have a great time!
- Team areas must be set by 8:30 am on event day.
- Team vehicles will be permitted into the Festival Grounds only for the purpose of unloading and loading
anything needed for their booth.
- Vehicles must be moved to the parking area by 9:00 am and may reenter no earlier than 4:00 pm on the
day of the event.
- Teams arriving after 9:00 am to set up will have to walk their equipment, etc. into the grounds.
- Teams bringing equipment, supplies, and anything else needed for their booth on Friday before the event
must be finished by 9:00 pm. The area will be fenced in and security will be provided overnight.
- Each team will have an area of approximately 10’ wide by 15’ deep. Big Daddy space will be 20’x15’. Only
tents will be allowed on the grounds.
- All teams will provide their own tables, chairs, tent/covering, and, if desired, decorations for their booth, as well as spices, equipment (burners, pots, propane) and hoses, plus any items they feel necessary to boil
- The first batch of crawfish must be ready by 11:00 am as the gates open.
- Time your boils according to the number of sacks you are provided.
- If you team is signed up as a CrawDaddy cooking team at $300 and you represent a company with company name included in the team name, displayed at the booth or business materials are at the booth, your team will be considered a Big Daddy team at the $500 level, you will be invoiced the difference of $200.
- There will be awards for “People’s Choice”, “Celebrity Judges” and “Best Lookin’ Bug Boilers”.
- The Celebrity judging will be at 2:00 pm. Your batch of crawfish to be judged MUST be delivered to the door outside of Tickfaw Town Hall by 1:45 pm. Special containers will be provided during the event day meeting. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Winners chosen by the Celebrity Judges will be announced at 3:00 pm.
- Any team found accepting People’s Choice Award tokens from another team will be disqualified from receiving this award. People’s Choice Award will be announced at 3:30 pm.
- Teams may bring their own coolers into the Festival Grounds for their OWN consumption only.
- No glass bottles or containers are allowed on the Festival Grounds.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed on the Festival Grounds after the gate has opened for
- No containers to serve crawfish to patrons are permitted. The Benefit will provide serving trays.
- Each team is responsible for cleaning up their booth area once the event is over. Teams MUST be prepared to remain at the Festival Grounds until the event is over and their area is cleaned up.
- No portable toilets or generators will be allowed in the team cooking areas.
- Team Captain is responsible for their team members.
- Keeping in mind that this is a charity for specific individuals, raising funds for any other charity/individual will not be allowed.
- There will be two mandatory team meetings. Each team captain or representative must be present (limited to 2 persons per team). The first meeting will be held at the Tickfaw Town Hall on Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 6:00 pm. The details of the meeting will be emailed to you once your entry form has been received. The second meeting will be at 9:00 am on the day of the event in the Tickfaw Town Hall meeting room.
Thanks for your contribution to the continued success of this event.